Has there been any time in our lifetime when we needed Thanksgiving more than in the year 2021? This has been a year of unprecedented loss, deep heartache, and debilitating stress for so many.
The Apostle Paul reminds us in I Thessalonians 5:18 “…to give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
So this Thanksgiving is a day for us who belong to Jesus Christ to look within and count the many blessings we have in Christ and say “Thank you Lord”. These three beautiful words can completely change how we look at our circumstances.
Here at Growing in Grace Ministries we say, “Thank You Lord!” a lot for:
- Our lives, families, good health and for the ability to pray and care for one another even through the difficult times.
- Answered prayer concerning a need for a new place to have the Phoenix Bible Study group meeting. We now have a group of approximately 30 people meeting weekly at Living Stream Church in Central Phoenix, many hearing the Gospel of Grace message for the first time!
- A Senior (at Grand Canyon University) who attends the Central Phoenix Bible Study group is very excited about the Galatian Road message and has been given permission to address the student body about the blessings he has received from the message in this minibook. Our ministry has provided 3,000 books for this occasion.
- Our dear sister in Christ, Maxine Amen, who on her mission trip to South Africa, in June 2021, shared four (4) Galatian Road minibooks with the pastors there who are now all excited and anxious to teach this truth to their congregations. They are now in the process of training local pastors using our online materials we have provided for them.
- Kyle Aulerich, our expert technical talent who designed our website and made all our material easily accessible to users worldwide.
- The testimonies from all of you who have identified the number of years you have been born again but did not know about your new life for many years.
- All who continue to pray for and support our ministry.
- All who have brought me to grateful and thankful tears for your love, prayers, and concern regarding my recent bout with Covid.
LIFE LESSON: Isn’t perspective a wonderful thing? Makes you wonder what would happen if we all gave thanks for everything we have, instead of worrying about what we don’t have! The Apostle Paul said “I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and all situations, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” (Phil 4:12)
THANKFUL – EVEN NOW! We serve an awesome God! Happy Thanksgiving.
Please keep Growing in Grace Ministries in mind as you think and pray about your year-end giving. Thank you for your prayers and faithfulness. Growing in His Grace